Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Saturday Shopping

Sean was up north this past weekend, so I took advantage of some "quiet" time to get some errands done!  I was out all day Saturday (well, back and forth from the store to my house to unload my findings, because my car is not big enough to haul everything!) from 9AM till 5:30PM!  It was a workday for me! :)

When I returned home, I started cleaning the house (as I haven't seriously cleaned since before we hosted for Christmas Eve!) and FINALLY put the Christmas tree away!  (nope, didn't put it away on my day off for the snow storm!) 

What fun stuff did I get when shopping?

- a new hamper to catch the clothes from the clothes chute in the basement (Sean had been using one of the Rubbermaids for the Christmas tree, and since I put the tree away, we needed a new hamper!)

- a separated laundry sorter for the laundry area.  Ginger the diabetic cat pees on pretty much anything, so it's not like I can leave a pile of "to-do" laundry on the floor!  I got a laundry sorter on clearance for $13 from Bed Bath & Beyond...and I'll tell you why:  the bag latches on to the frame of the sorter with velcro, so the second you put any weight (laundry) in the bag, the velcro unhooks itself.  Ugh.  Nothing a collection of safety pins can't fix!

-slimline hangers.  I NEED to organize my closet (going through and getting rid of stuff I don't wear anymore!) and putting away the stuff I do wear.  Part of my issue is that my closet isn't big enough.  I'm hoping slim hangers will help me hang more!

- Sam's Club supplies - kitty litter, laundry detergent, underwear for Sean's valentine's day gift (seriously!)

- Ulta.  My home away from home, I think!  I needed a few items by L'Oreal...and wouldn't you guess it that Ulta had a "Buy two, Get one Free!" for L'Oreal!  I ended up with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Professional Secret No. 1 Magic Perfecting Base.  (Wow, quite a title, huh?)   http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1980035  Haven't tried it yet, but have been searching for it based on reviews and hadn't been able to find it elsewhere, so I thought I should snatch it if I could find it!

I also got the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara - again based on reviews that I've read.  Still haven't tried it as I'm trying to finish up other older mascaras.
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2530269

I also got the L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder as a fill-in for my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=44985  I HAVE tried this product and like it so far.  I go through my Mineral Veil really quickly for some reason, so I thought I should have a back-up product for when I run our and my automatic shipment of Bare Minerals hasn't yet arrived.  I got the "translucent" version, so, in theory, it would just make your skin matte.  Lately, I haven't even bothered to wear foundation (I wear Bare Minerals foundation), so I just powder with the L'Oreal Translucide.  So far, so good.  Again, this is pretty much transparent, so it doesn't really hide any blemishes.

I bought OPI's "Bubble Bath" based on reviews of others.  Haven't had the opportunity to paint my nails with it yet, but I've read reviews that "Bubble Bath" has two formulas - a pinker version, and a whiter version.  I wonder which one mine will end up being.  It was pretty in the bottle!  http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Nail-Polish-Bubble-Bath/dp/B000CECSAO

One product I bought from Target (that was on clearance) that I really am enjoying is Cover Girl's Lash Blast Length (yellow tube).  I bought this one clearance - two tubes of mascara for $6 or something like that.  I have used CG regular Lash Blast (in the purple-ish tube) for years now and always liked that it gave me some definition (color) on the lashes without being clumpy or gloppy.  Honestly, I have been admiring Dianna Agron's lashes on Glee (seriously - they are SO long!) so I was inspired to try to replicate that look - without wearing falsies everyday!  CG Lash Blast Length might be that product for me!  It gives more length than volume, and doesn't really make the lashes appear "fatter".  I don't know how it works exactly, but my lashes look visibly longer!  I used three layers today (based on a review I read) and it looks great.  I think normally two layers will work just fine!  http://www.amazon.com/CoverGirl-LashBlast-Length-Mascara-0-21-Ounce/dp/B002IFT5VA  I got the regular formula - not waterproof, and there's no flaking or anything!
Dianna Agron - and her ginormous lashes!
OK, well I guess that's enough for now!

Cheers,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment