Monday, January 31, 2011

Playing catch-up

Sorry, it's been a while since I've written.  You know, life gets busy and writing takes a back seat.

The holidays came and went (and yes, I still have my Christmas tree up!), and here we are, in 2011!

Last Thursday was the 7-month mark till the wedding, and there's still a lot to do!  We need to find an officiant, and get the decorations and menu squared away.  I have yet to send out my "Save-The-Dates" (though they are in my possession, I'm just waiting on invite lists from both sets of parents).  Invitations have been designed by my talented soon-to-be-sister-in-law!  They look great...just need to print and assemble!  Yesterday, I went with my bridesmaids (minus the sister-in-law) to order our dresses...the bridesmaid dresses and MY dress!  I guess it's getting more real for me.  Ordered my dress - no going back now!

It's the end of the month at work which means billing and finishing up the month, and the start of February right around the corner which means planning for February advertising.  Most people in the ad world might wonder what's up with the "late" planning?  We do have things planned out - sort of.  We know what we're going to run on TV, radio, direct mail, interactive banners, etc., we just don't know the message yet!  We have to wait on the manufacturers to pass along that info, which can get a little irritating when they take their time to make decisions on the financing/lease offers that are available!  It ultimately delays our advertising efforts, but not much can be done with that!

I have a lot to get done around the house, which I should have done over the weekend, but instead decided to spend the weekend skiing with Sean on Saturday, and out with my bridesmaids on Sunday!  Lucky for me there's a blizzard soon a-coming to Wisconsin, and it sounds like the dealership may be closed on Wednesday (seriously, it takes A LOT to close a business here in Wisconsin!)  That means I might have time to catch up on laundry, finally take down the tree, and relax in front of the fireplace with a cup of cocoa and a book!  Sounds divine!! :)  Later when the snow dies down, I can help Sean with snow removal - I do the sidewalks while he does the driveway - with his ancient tractor!

Sean on his tractor.  Look how HUGE compared to our SUV!
At least he can plow the drive (and the street, if he wanted!) quickly! :)

OK, bye for now!  Time for lunch!

Cheers!
-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment